Belize is the ideal getaway to say, “I do”. With tropical terrains and climate, you can choose from our many romantic resorts to host your dream wedding. Our relaxing atmosphere will help facilitate all your wedding desires and make planning your wedding “stress free”. Marriages in Belize are recognized globally. Here are the simple requirements of getting wed in Belize.
- Marriage licenses can be obtained through the Registrar General’s office in Belize City (Tel: 501-227-7377) or the Attorney General’s Office in Belmopan (Tel: 501-822-2504). One day’s notice is required before you apply at the Attorney General’s Ministry. The cost is US$250 per couple if one or both parties are in Belize only one day prior to applying for a license. The cost is reduced to US$100 if parties are in Belize for three days or more prior to applying for a license.
- The couple must provide valid passports with date of entry stamps.
- Proof of citizenship is required by presenting original birth certificates or valid passports.
- Proof of divorce, if applicable (an original or certified copy of your divorce certificate), or a certified copy of decree or death certificate if applicable must be submitted with the license application.
- If you’re over 18 years of age, you don’t need a blood test or parental consent.
- Two witnesses (male and female) are required to be present at the ceremony.
A marriage license can be picked up one or two days after it is approved and must be signed by a Justice of the Peace.
Organizing your wedding in Belize is much easier when you work with a resort that has a great deal of wedding experience. They can often arrange everything for you and, since they are familiar with all the local requirements, can ensure that everything goes well on your special day. Some of the best resorts to have your wedding are listed below.
San Ignacio Resort Hotel
At the San Ignacio Resort Hotel, their wedding planners can organize all your wedding wishes from yes to “I do”. Their catering department will work hand in hand with you to create an exquisite menu for your dream wedding. They offer the options of an outdoor poolside ceremony and reception or dining inside with your guests while still having access to a wonderful view of San Ignacio.
Xanadu Island Resort
Xanadu Island Resort in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, offers several wedding and honeymoon packages ideal for your dream destination wedding. Their white sand beach and tropical garden are perfect for a romantic ceremony and reception, for your dream island wedding.
Hatchet Caye Resort
Hatchet Caye Resort located 17 miles off the coast of Placencia, has several romantic wedding packages to choose from including their whole island rental making it the prime destination wedding location. The staff at Hatchet Caye will be there for you every step of the way to see all your dream wedding wishes come true.
Naia Resort and Spa located on the Placencia peninsula can make all your dream wedding desires a reality. Whether be it a beach front or poolside ceremony even an indoor reception, Naia will master your destination wedding. The secluded setting at Naia Resort and Spa is the ideal location for an intimate and romantic wedding.